- WHAT IS FUR, AND HOW LONG SHOULD FUR LAST?
Fur, just like leather, is a biodegradable, eco-friendly, three-dimensional weaved fiber, which can outlast its owner, if properly made and maintained. Garments can last up to 70 years.
- WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF FUR?
Sable, Chinchilla, Mink, Fox, Beaver, Coyote, Raccoon, Rabbit.
- WHY BUY A REAL FUR?
Real fur is biodegradable and recycles itself, when put in the ground. Fake, fabricated fur, consists of 5 gallons of oil-petroleum, making it environmentally unfriendly and unsafe.
- HOW TO TAKE CARE OF MY GARMENT?
Garments should be stored annually, throughout the spring and summer months. They also need to be cleaned and glazed, regardless if they were never worn, worn once, or even throughout the whole season.
- DOES FUR LOSE VALUE?
The only time fur loses value, is when it is not stored properly and therefore, it dries out. Even if your garment is worn-out, it can be sheared and saved!
- WHAT TO DO WITH OUTDATED GARMENTS OR GARMENTS THAT LOOK WORN-OUT?
Outdated garments can be restyled/redesigned, which can completely change their look. They can also be sheared or grooved.
- WHAT CAN BE MADE OUT OF FUR/LEATHER?
“Anything and Everything”!
- WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CUSTOM MAKING MY GARMENT?
- It will be a unique piece; no one else will have your garment.
- You can chose the type of fur and color.
- You chose the design/pattern for the whole garment (body, sleeves, neckline, back, swing, collar, closures, lining)
- You can participate in the making!
- BIG NO-NOS
- NEVER GLUE YOUR GARMENTS
- NEVER KEEP THEM IN PLASTIC
- NEVER KEEP THEM IN YOUR BASEMENT
- NEVER USE MOTH BALLS OR PERFUME